Loving kindness
I really liked the exercise and was glad it was on a cd, but I still had trouble with it. I've never been very good at visualization. I've only been able to work with it twice so far, and hope to get better at it. I would say this is exactly what a mental work out is all about. As I continue to spend time with the exercise, I should begin to getter better. Right now it's a little difficult to get out of the CD what I'm supposed to because part of my mind is simply struggling with "doing" it. I'm excited about continuing this though because I'm hoping it will help me in other areas. When I do my lifting for instance and I am attempting a weight I haven't done before, I'm told I should visualize the lift. Not an easy thing for me right now. I think the more I can learn to calm my mind and clear out the noise, my psychological health will greatly improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Shana,I think whenever you try something new you will have an adjustment period, just hang in there and it will get better. I love that you lift weights, I would love to try it someday.
ReplyDeleteHi Shana, I agree with you that it was difficult to follow. I liked it as well but I need to choose the time and location better when I listen next time. You said it best when you said that you need to learn to calm your mind and clear out the noise, to me this is such a hard thing to do. I admire those that can! I do not know about you, but sometimes I wish this class was more than 10 weeks long. I believe that training your mind requires a trainer much like training your body.
ReplyDeleteHey Shana! Keep practicing! When you first started lifting I'm sure you couldn't do it perfectly either!! You will get there! The only CD player that works in my house is in my Jeep!! So I haven't done the CD part yet. Did you think that the CD was better than the book?
ReplyDelete