Monday, April 12, 2010

Chapter 3 assignment.
Physical Well-Being - 8 - I feel I'm in pretty good shape. I run, bike, workout regularly. However, I still carry about 10 extra pounds that I can't shake, and though my eating has improved about 75%, I'm still a chocoholic. In this area, it's pretty easy to set a goal. Loose those extra 10 pounds and get leaner. Learn to drop the sugar, and really put more effort into my lifting. I can't make a living at lifting, and may never go beyond the small sanction that I compete in, but I can be the best in that. I want to make "best lifter" at as many competitions as I can. How to do this? I have to learn to walk away from the sugar and carbs. I also have to improve on the Psychlogical area of my life as that is a major cause for eating badly. I have belief I can do it.

Spiritual Well-Being - 7 - This too has greatly improved over the last 2 years. I have always believed in God, but only recently have I worked to come closer to Him. I don't belong to any particular religion, and feel that I'm as close to him on an early morning bike ride, as some who is sitting in church. I've learned to trust in Him, while knowing I still need to do my part to make my life what I (and hope He) wants it to be. I've grown so much more calmer, and almost daily ask why me? But not because of a bad thing, but because I don't know what is special about me that I am so very blessed each day. In this area, I'm not sure of a particular goal other than to learn to trust more in the area of my emotional life. I want to be able to start out more of my days on my bike in the mornings. I'm not sure how that sounds, but I really do feel so much more in tune with all that is greater than me, than I ever could in church.

Psychlogical Well-Being - 5 - Yep, this one needs some work. Although I have grown calmer, and feel more in control of what happens in my life, I do tend freak out at times. When it's due to some kind of money issue, I tend to freak, then evaluate, then fix. It's a process. However, I'm very much a daydreamer. Currently I have a relationship issue that is going on, and this is a little harder to evaluate and fix. I've decided since reading these last 2 chapters though, that it is time to make a change. I hope to find this week wether I (we) will be moving forward, or on. Then, I'm going down south (I live in Florida) for some R & R and get my head on straight. I know when it comes to relationships it can't be cut and dry, but this is most certainly some of that "excess noise" that needs to be solved, and eliminated.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shana,
    We are all so hard on ourselves. I have been reading many of our classmates blogs and their ratings and everyone scored themselves pretty low psychologically. Honestly, I think it changes for us everyday. One day, we are harder on ourselves than other days. As I was reading your post about your relationship and honestly, it might do some good to step back and look at it from an outsiders perspective. Whatever the case may be, we all need to walk away from things sometimes, clear our heads, and come back to the issue with a differnt point of view. Whatever you do, you will find an answer. People are looking out for you...believe that. Hope everything works out and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle, everything turned out pretty good. We got a clear understanding between us, and I'm much better for it.

    ReplyDelete