Monday, May 3, 2010

Unit 6 Homework

I have to say I really like the Loving Kindness meditation. I seem to be really wrapped up in myself these days in on particular area to the point of distraction that is affecting many other areas of my life. I liked doing this because it helps to drive home my need to step out of this very unhealthy mindset. With that said, I believe the area I really need to work on is the interpersonal flourishing. I have been concentrating on a personal relationship that is really not going anywhere and have found that I've become very ME centered. I'm not honestly sure if this is really the interpersonal or the psychospiritual as it is definitely along the lines of emotional development that I need to work on. Even this work is ME oriented, so I'm a bit confused to say the least. I really think to fully work on this, I'll need to spend more time reading the book, doing the exercises, and look into other sources of help. I plan to really try to do the loving kindness meditation more, especially at work, as that is where a large source of my stress is coming from.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shana,
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We are all beginners here and trying to understand and get better at these exercises. The book mentioned that there will a part or more that will be more developed than the other depending on your personality. Sounds like you know what you need to work on. If you know that all you think about is "me" then work on thinking about others. However, I don't think it is necessary bad to think just about "you" sometimes. Maybe this is the time for you to become a better version of "you" by focusing on yourself. Remember, Loving-kindness starts with loving yourself first.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shana, I agree with Maggie, it sounds like you have identified the source and thats half of the battle. I say continue to do your exercises and eventually what needs to be done will be revealed. I think this course teaches us to trust our inner voices, so be patient and listen for your inner voice for that is your strength.

    ReplyDelete